Wise Sayings from Meryl
Saturday, June 22, 2019 was Meryl Streep’s 70th birthday. To honor Ms. Streep, the quitessential actress, I am sharing an article written by Lindsay Lowe for Parade Magazine. It's called, “10 Wonderfully Inspiring Meryl Streep Quotes In Honor of Her 70th Birthday” Who better to inspire us on this first weekend of summer?
our thoughts on Ms. Streep’s quotes are welcome in the comments below.
(Find the link to the original article below.)
1. “I know life is short and I’m a lucky woman. I think that you find your own way. You have your own rules. You have your own understanding of yourself, and that’s what you’re going to count on. In the end, it’s what feels right to you. Not what your mother told you. Not what some actress told you. Not what anybody else told you but the still, small voice.”
2. “My advice: don’t waste so much time worrying about your skin or your weight. Develop what you do, what you put your hands on in the world.”
3. “I like who I am now. Other people may not. I’m comfortable. I feel freer now. I don’t want my growing older to matter to me.”
4. “As there begins to be less time ahead of you, you want to be exactly who you are, without making it easier for everyone else.”
5. “My daughters had helped me to stop worrying about my appearance over the years. I wasted so many years thinking I wasn’t pretty enough and why didn’t I have Jessica Lange’s body or someone else’s legs? What a waste of time.”
6. “I try to lead as ordinary a life as I can. You can’t get spoiled if you do your own ironing.”
7. “You have to embrace getting older. Life is precious, and when you’ve lost a lot of people, you realize each day is a gift.”
8. “Put blinders onto those things that conspire to hold you back, especially the ones in your own head.”
9. “I think your self emerges more clearly over time.”
10. “At 48 you were getting out the shovel ready to go in… I’m out there on behalf of all the old broads and I’m proud to be there.”
Go here for the Parade Magazine article